EMILIAN ART AND EMOTIONS – (3 days – from Tuesday to Sunday)
Valid from November 17, 2023, to March 17, 2024
Tour package of three days and two nights to visit the “Città del Tricolore” (Tricolour City) on the occasion of the exhibition “MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA” of Fondazione Palazzo Magnani and discover the local food and wine specialties.
TOUR PACKAGE for a minimum of 2 people.
- Accommodation: Two nights in a double room at a 3*/4* stars hotel in Reggio Emilia.
Relax and enjoy a comfortable night in a double room at your chosen hotel, including breakfast.
*Any requests for a different room type will be considered as a supplement to the original request. *
- Welcome dinner or lunch at a restaurant in the historic centre of Reggio Emilia.
Savour local dishes accompanied by regional wine.
- 2 Tickets to the “MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA” exhibition
Unique Cultural Experience: Immerse yourself in the world of Art and Puppet Theatre with entrance to the “MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA” exhibition (PICASSO • DEPERO • KLEE • SARZI) at the Fondazione Palazzo Magnani.
- Cheese Factory Tour with Tasting: Embark on a captivating guided tour of an authentic cheese diary, where you will witness the production process and taste the renowned Parmigiano Reggiano PDO.
- The World of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar from Reggio Emilia with Tasting: Following that, an enchanting hillside journey awaits you at a local Acetaia (vinegar cellar), where you will uncover the secrets of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar from Reggio Emilia through a tasting experience.
- Light Lunch in the hills: Enjoy a lunch amidst the beauty of the Emilian hills, featuring dishes crafted from local ingredients and complemented by regional wines.
In your free time: We recommend exploring the historic centre of Reggio Emilia (discover its cultural treasures, including the Basilica della Ghiara, the Basilica di San Prospero, the Cathedral, and the Tricolour Flag Museum) or venturing into the Matilda Lands (Castles of Canossa, Rossena, Bianello, Carpineti…).
Tour Package Valid from November 17, 2023, to March 17, 2024
PRICE PER PERSON (minimum two participants):
3-STAR HOTEL: Starting from € 215.00, including VAT
4-STAR HOTEL: Starting from € 230.00, including VAT
*Double room for single-use supplement: € 35,00 per person per night, including VAT
The rate may be subject to changes at the time of booking, once the availability of rooms and included services has been confirmed.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Welcome Lunch/Dinner at local restaurant (including beverages) for 2 people.
- Double room accommodation at a hotel in Regio Emilia (two nights) with breakfast included.
- Tourist tax (two nights)
- 2 Entrance Tickets to the “MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA” exhibition.
- Free entrance to “LA CASA DEI BURATTINI DI OTELLO SARZI” in Corte Tegge, RE (optional)
- Guided tour of a cheese diary and balsamic vinegar cellar with tasting for two people
- Light lunch in the hills for two people
THE PRICE DOESN’T INCLUDE:
Meals not mentioned in the program; Guided visit of “MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA” exhibition; Guided tour of the historic centre of Reggio Emilia (available upon request); transportation; parking/garage; Any additional charge for luggage storage or late check-out; Entrance fees to other museums/exhibitions, if not specified; Extras during meals; Medical/ baggage insurance; Anything not expressly mentioned under “The price includes”.
*Possibility to add the guided visit of the “MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA” exhibition: a guided tour of Reggio Emilia or the Matilda castles; meals; tickets to a theatre performance (subject to availability and based on the requested dates).
These rates are valid for the specified number of people. In case provided service does not reach the minimum quoted number of people, ITINERE Srl reserves the right to verify the above-mentioned rate and make any necessary adjustments.
Since this is a customized estimate, we can make any changes to make the trip more suitable for your needs. Please note that for the provided estimate, no binding options and/or reservations have been made; therefore, it should be considered as preliminary and subject to confirmation.
MARIONETTE E AVANGUARDIA by Fondazione Palazzo Magnani at Palazzo Magnani, corso Garibaldi 29 – Reggio Emilia.
Valid from November 17, 2023, to March 17, 2024.
- Wednesday and Thursday: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Friday, Saturday Sundays and holidays: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- SPECIAL OPENING HOURS
- November 24 (Patron Saint’s Day), December 8, 24, and 26: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- January 1: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- CLOSED on December 25 and 31
Last admission one hour before closing time. Bag and backpack storage is mandatory.
Scheduled Guided Italian Language Tours: Saturday at 3:00 PM and Sunday at 11:00 AM
The guided tour in English language at the exhibition is available by reservation/ for groups of at least 10 people.
Family Workshops – “The Puppet Comes to Life in Your Hands” (Recommended for children aged 6 to 11)
After the guided tour of the exhibition, the whole family can create a puppet using various upcycled materials: foam, buttons, fabrics, yarn, and much more! These materials will unexpectedly stimulate everyone’s imagination.
Guided tour of the exhibition by the Fondazione Palazzo Magnani. Workshop led by the Fondazione Famiglia Sarzi. The workshops will be held in the Gualdi Room at Palazzo Magnani.
- Sunday, November 26 at 3:00 PM
- Sunday, December 10 at 3:00 PM
- Sunday, January 7 at 3:00 PM
- Sunday, January 14 at 3:00 PM
- Sunday, February 4 at 3:00 PM
- Sunday, February 18 at 3:00 PM
- Sunday, March 10 at 3:00 PM
Supplement: + €5.00 per child
Please note: the workshop will be offered in Italian language only
FONDAZIONE FAMIGLIA SARZI – LA CASA DEI BURATTINI DI OTELLO SARZI (FAMIGLIA SARZI FOUNDATION – THE HOUSE OF OTELLO SARZI’S PUPPETS), Corte Tegge –Cavriago (RE).
- Upon reservation, free admission to “LA CASA DEI BURATTINI DI OTELLO SARZI”.
- Upon reservation, guided group tours (minimum2, maximum 20 people) are available by appointment at least 48-hour in advance, at a cost of €5.00 per person to be paid on-site as an extra. The guided tour has a total duration of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes;
- The minimum number of visitors is 4, with a maximum of 20.
- Inside the museum, there is a workshop where you can create simple puppets, with an estimated time of 1 hour, for a minimum of 6 people and a maximum of 20, at a cost of €7.00 per person, to be paid on-site (not included in the package). The minimum age for participation is 5 years.
At the end of the experience, participants can keep their creations.
- In the case of a guided tour + workshop, the total cost is €10.00 per person, to be paid on-site as an extra to the package.
- Monday; Wednesday; Thursday: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday; Friday: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Saturday; Sunday: By appointment
- Giulia Andreani – “L’improduttiva” – From October 29 to March 10, 2024 – Collezione Maramotti
For her first institutional solo exhibition in Italy, Giulia Andreani presents a project composed of a coherent body of new paintings and watercolors. Embracing the technique of photomontage, Andreani juxtaposes elements taken from real images, often from archives, and imaginative details. The subjects emerge on the canvas through a single color, Payne’s grey. The conceptual starting point for “L’improduttiva” was the iconographic materials found in some Reggio Emilia archives, through which Andreani investigated the city’s historical and socio-political context, focusing on the notions of confinement and imprisonment, closely linked to the history of women.
Visits to the permanent collection by reservation are limited to a maximum of 25 visitors at a time.
Start times for visits to the permanent collection: Thursdays and Fridays at 3:00 PM; Saturdays and Sundays from 10:30 AM and 3:00 PM.
Access to temporary exhibitions is free on Thursdays and Fridays from 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM and Saturdays from 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
Closing day: Saturday, January 6th
+39 327 529 2100